Hi Felipe,

It shows good judgment to to keep an open mind. I gave my initial
assessment in my post:
https://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/documentation/2020/msg01984.html

The Nextcloud versioning system is an excellent mechanism to use under
the circumstances for which it was designed. Let's say you and I are
cooperatively working on a document inside LOOL via our web browsers
(Not downloading, editing and uploading), then every time one of us uses
the LOOL "Save" option that saved edition is versioned and either one of
us can go back and recall/recover any one of the previous versions. In
my limited testing I found issues as to what we would do with the
recalled/recovered versions. The mechanism is very safe, but demands
absolute and total compliance to a working regime with no deviation
permitted, otherwise we could finish up in a confused mess.

Through circumstances beyond our control, the Docs Team were obliged to
move our workspace arrangements from the "ODF Authors" Plone instance to
a LibreOffice NextCloud instance. In so doing we tried, as far as
possible, to retain the same or a similar reliable workflow where
contributors retracted (downloaded), edited and returned (uploaded)
edited/reviewed documents to our workspace. To continue with this
workflow and to adopt the Nextcloud versioning system, would mean that
the filename given by the first editor/author must never be changed for
any reason or under any circumstances (no extra or missing dots, dashes,
underscores, etc.), otherwise the Nextcloud versioning system fails and
becomes a hindrance, not an advantage to us.

As I have said previously, I am *NOT* opposed to the very good Nextcloud
versioning system, but it is a solution to a problem we currently do not
have.

Best Regards
Dave