Getting Started Guide 7.0

I have updated seven chapters of the Getting Started Guide to 7.0 and
uploaded them to NextCloud. I have updated the status spreadsheet for
the book. All chapters have the v7 template applied. I found very few
changes to be necessary in the text, so I have used Track Changes to
show what I did. Updated/replaced images are not marked.

I have not been following closely the discussions on the list about
file naming and image anchoring and other matters, so I have probably
not done some things correctly. Please feel free to change as needed.

I have taken Ch4 (Writer) for updating. I think Peter Schofield plans
to do the chapters on Impress and Draw. Will someone from the Calc or
Base Guide teams do those chapters?

Do you want me to be the coordinator for this book? Or has someone
already claimed it?

Jean

Hello Jean

You guessed right. I shall be updating the Impress and Draw chapters for the Getting Started Guide. They are next on my list, then it will be full steam on the Draw Guide. A good proportion of the Draw guide will be from the Impress Guide.

Regards
Peter Schofield
psauthor@gmail.com

Hello Jean,

Thanks for doing this. I was about to start work on the update, but you
are quicker than I can ever be, so I will start reviewing your updates
instead. Obviously, others are always welcome to join in the reviewing
process.

Sorry about the duplicated status sheet you encountered, I had been
using that as an example in a discussion about an option to use
NextCloud's versioning feature. I have now deleted the unneeded duplicate.

The file naming and NextCloud workflow are somewhat in flux at the
moment, hopefully the team can quickly reach consensus on these points.
As far as I know there has been no change in image anchoring, where the
inserted image is anchored to paragraph and the caption frame is
anchored as character.

I see that Peter has already answered you about the Impress and Draw
guides. Felipe Viggiano stepped up to take over the Calc Guide
coordination from Steve Fanning.

I had been kind of "conscripted" into coordinating the GS Guide, but I
would be happy pass that over to you if you were willing to take it on.
At the moment I am more interested in getting the NextCloud workflow
agreed, then to update the Contributor Guide book and wiki pages.

Best Regards
Dave