Hello

From previous experience, I have always found that version control is prone to errors because it
does need a strict regime for everybody to follow. We all have our way of naming files.

The present way of naming files for chapters in the user guides is good, for example
IG7008-AddingFormattingSlidesNotes. All the filenames need, IMO is the version number adding to the
filename, for example 01, 02 and so on. That way everybody can easily see which is the latest file
to use. Version numbers are then removed from the filename when the chapters are published.

No matter what system is used, it needs a strict regime for all volunteers to follow.

Versioning works best when there are multiple contributors working the same document.

Regards

Peter Schofield
psauthor@gmail.com