NextCloud - can we change?

Is there a better alternative to NextCloud for LibreOffice to use?

I find NextCloud very slow and it is definitely NOT my computer system.

I get numerous error messages stating that NextCloud could not perform an action, yet NextCloud has. For example, moved two files and NextCloud complained it could not move the files. However, the files had been moved when I swopped to the target directory.

Regards
Peter Schofield
psauthor@gmail.com

Hi Peter,

I am currently logged into NextCloud and I am not experiencing any speed
issues when accessing or traversing directories.

I have always found moving files between directories takes much longer
than I would expect, but I just put that down to performing file
management via a web browser. I did try moving 5 files and got the same
error message as you for 1 file and then found the file had actually
been moved. I have often encountered this same issue when moving more
than 1 file at a time.

Maybe we should ask Infra to check and see if there is a fix for this.

Regards
Dave

[UPDATE]
I am still not experiencing speed issues with accessing NextCloud, but
editing anything (eg. Status Spreadsheets) in LOOL is cripplingly slow,
almost as if the server is struggling to stay on-line.

Regards
Dave

Hi Peter

Is there a better alternative to NextCloud for LibreOffice to use?

I find NextCloud very slow and it is definitely NOT my computer system.

I get numerous error messages stating that NextCloud could not perform an action, yet NextCloud has. For example, moved two files and NextCloud complained it could not move the files. However, the files had been moved when I swopped to the target directory.

Regards
Peter Schofield
psauthor@gmail.com

Trying to narrow the issue: Are you synchronizing NC folders with your
desktop or are you just using the NC web interface?

For what it worth, quickly moving files locally in folders that are
synchronized with NC can raise synch issues, from my experience. I do it
slowly, one at the time. The same does not happen in the web interface
because it locks your screen while doing the job in the background.

Kind regards