Need help with Draw Module of LibreOffice 7.0

Greetings, Everyone,

This is the first time I've written to the documentation team. I hope you can help me. I'm working on Lesson 3 of the LO 7.0 version of my "Essentials" tutorials for teachers (http://www.pitt.edu/~poole/libreoffice7frame.htm).

Attached is a Word doc in which I have dumped captures from screens where I'm trying to round the corners of a rectangle in the LO 7.0 Draw module. As I hope you can see, I'm following the help offered by the 7.0 Help System and LO 7 does not appear to allow me to use the rounding corners option (the option is inaccessible--greyed out).

Can any of you help me with this?

Bernard

Bernard John Poole, MSIS, PGCE
Associate Professor Emeritus CS & Education
University of Pittsburgh at Johnstown
Johnstown, PA 15904, USA
e-mail: poole@pitt.edu
home page: www.pitt.edu/~poole

Hi Bernard,

Greetings, Everyone,

This is the first time I've written to the documentation team. I hope you can help me. I'm working on Lesson 3 of the LO 7.0 version of my "Essentials" tutorials for teachers (http://www.pitt.edu/~poole/libreoffice7frame.htm).

Attached is a Word doc

The mailing list does not allow attachments.

in which I have dumped captures from screens where I'm trying to round the corners of a rectangle in the LO 7.0 Draw module. As I hope you can see, I'm following the help offered by the 7.0 Help System and LO 7 does not appear to allow me to use the rounding corners option (the option is inaccessible--greyed out).

Can any of you help me with this?

You need to use a suitable rectangle.

A) There exists a "Rectangle, Rounded", which is compatible with MS Office. You get it from the sublist "Basic Shapes" of the Drawing toolbar, or from menu Shape > Insert > Basic Shapes, or from "Shapes" pane of the sidebar. It has a handle which you can drag or you use the "Control field" to set the handle numerically in the "Slant & Corner Radius" tab of the "Position & Size" dialog.

B) There exists a toolbar "Legacy Rectangles", to be opened via View > Toolbars. For that rectangle you set the corner radius in the upper part in field "Corner Point" in the "Slant & Corner Radius" tab of the "Position & Size" dialog. Or you enable Point Edit mode (icon in the standard toobar) and drag the handle.

Kind regards
Regina