Documentation referring to check marks in the menus

It was pointed out to me that our Help sometimes refers to "check marks" associated with menu items. However, the style of these marks is not consistent across operating systems. On Windows, they appear as highlights around menu icons, for example.

Any ideas for a more generic way of referring to them?

Thankfully there are only a handful of such references in the Help. I did not check the guide books.

Ilmari

Hello Ilmari

I understand the problem of check marks, which are usually in computers running macOS. Windows computers normally highlight the tool icon in a list. I am now slowly correcting this as I write the Impress and Draw Guides for LO version 7.0.

Regards

Peter Schofield
psauthor@gmail.com