What is data hierarchy in pivot table data field options?

Dear Kohei Yoshida, your explanation is supercomplete. I understand it now. Thank you very much!

I do not want to be disrespectful regarding your name, that's why I call your full name. I do not know ettiquette. I am sorry.

From this text of yours, if I do not misunderstand, if a field has grouping, is it redundant to have hierarchy because it will be the same?

This grouping is what is referred to as hierarchy.

And in lame terms, hierarchy is not going to be used as an option in present time, until someone develops an extension to not use the Calc's back-end to manipulate pivot tables and hierarchy options.

This is more or less the explanation I will include in the Spanish guide.

I want to share this answer (complete of yours) if you may let me, Kohei Yoshida, in AskLibreOffice (or if you like, you can). This is the question link:
https://ask.libreoffice.org/en/question/260914/whay-is-data-hierarchy-in-pivot-tables/

Thank you very much again!

Celia

Thanks, Kohei. I am grateful!

Stay safe!

Cheers ;D

Hi Celia,

I do not want to be disrespectful regarding your name, that's why I
call your full name. I do not know ettiquette. I am sorry.

Just using my first name (Kohei) is fine. :slight_smile:

From this text of yours, if I do not misunderstand, if a field has
grouping, is it redundant to have hierarchy because it will be the
same?

Yup. For all intents and purposes, grouping equals hierarchy. The term "grouping" is used in the UI, whereas the term "hierarchy" is used in the code.

I want to share this answer (complete of yours) if you may let me,
Kohei Yoshida, in AskLibreOffice (or if you like, you can). This is
the question link:
https://ask.libreoffice.org/en/question/260914/whay-is-data-hierarchy-in-pivot-tables/

Absolutely! What I post here is public record. You are free to link to it and reference it any way you like. You don't need my permission to do it.

All the best,

Kohei