Dear Kohei Yoshida, your explanation is supercomplete. I understand it now. Thank you very much!

I do not want to be disrespectful regarding your name, that's why I call your full name. I do not know ettiquette. I am sorry.

From this text of yours, if I do not misunderstand, if a field has grouping, is it redundant to have hierarchy because it will be the same?

This grouping is what is referred to as hierarchy.

And in lame terms, hierarchy is not going to be used as an option in present time, until someone develops an extension to not use the Calc's back-end to manipulate pivot tables and hierarchy options.

This is more or less the explanation I will include in the Spanish guide.

I want to share this answer (complete of yours) if you may let me, Kohei Yoshida, in AskLibreOffice (or if you like, you can). This is the question link:
https://ask.libreoffice.org/en/question/260914/whay-is-data-hierarchy-in-pivot-tables/

Thank you very much again!

Celia
--