(I forgot to attach the screenshot in previous message. Here it is.)

Hi, everybody.

I a member of the Spanish Documentation team. I am currently helping in translation of Calc Guide to Spanish. I am checking the Pivot Tables chapter, and I also have done my reasearch online (and on other LibreOffice channels) trying to understand a concept:

What is data hierarchy in pivot tables?

As I said, working on pivot tables chapter there is an option about hierarchy (Jerarquía) that we do not understand (me and someone else) completely. Attached's the screenshot of Data field options dialog in Spanish.

The Calc guide uses this explanation, which is kind of a circular concept ;D:

Hierarchy. Select the hierarchy to use. The pivot table must be based on external source data that contains data hierarchies.

This is a question for concept: What is a data hierarchy in this option dialog? And more, when/how do I use it?

I would very much appreciate your help. Thanks.

Celia Palacios
LobaLuna

--
Ego sum in porta limine.