Hi Felipe,

Very many thanks for the useful comments on Chapter 3 – your help is much appreciated. It’s an over-sized chapter and you have obviously reviewed it thoroughly.

I have processed your comments, accepting most, but modifying a few and rejecting a few. I have hopefully covered everything you raised, but with the document containing two sets of tracked changes, it’s sometimes hard to be sure!

The file is now in the Draft folder awaiting second review. If you have time, feel free to look through the document and make sure that you are happy with my editorial decisions; please email if anything is amiss or not understood (probably better than making further edits yourself at this stage).

A few notes on matters arising:
Apart from the addition of your name to the list of contributors, I have ignored proposed formatting changes to the front matter pages, before the “Introduction” section. These pages will be overhauled when the 7.0 template is finalised and any changes now are nugatory. In the section entitled “Selecting non-adjacent data”, the step described in the second bullet point worked fine on my Windows system. If it doesn’t work on your OS, maybe you could consider raising a bug report in Bugzilla? Please could you look again at the change proposed to the first bullet under step 3 in the section entitled “Adding and formatting data labels for a data series”. The text as originally written describes the behaviour on my Windows system. In particular, I don’t want to lose the explanation that “...Calc displays data labels for that data series using default settings…” when a data series is selected (these data labels with default settings remain displayed even if you press Cancel on the Data Labels dialog). Step 3 in the section entitled “Removing all data labels” works for me. If it doesn’t work on your OS, maybe you could consider raising a bug report in Bugzilla? With regards to your inability to test the 3D View aspects because of crashes, have you considered raising a bug report in Bugzilla? With respect to Figure 51 (“Drawing toolbar when chart is placed in edit mode”). I suspect that the order of icons was changed at some point but no icons have been added or removed and so I think we can safely leave this figure as it is. (There is an overall caveat in the Preface to the Calc Guide to the effect that not every illustration will match exactly what each individual reader sees on his Calc screens). I note that you have commented in some places on the use of a comma before that last item in a list of “things”, and proposed deleting said comma. For those with a fascination with the English language (and plenty of time on their hands), this is known as a serial comma, or a series comma, or an Oxford comma, or a Harvard comma. You can read more at https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Serial_comma and linked pages. Suffice to say that we tend to use this extra comma throughout the Calc Guide (not my decision) and I don’t have any enthusiasm for re-working that decision at this stage. I have therefore rejected those particular changes.

Thanks again,

Steve