CG7002-EnterEditFormatData - Review #1

Hi Steven and folks,

I will be checking out Chapter 2 of the Calc guide for review.

Please let me know if there's any concerns.

Thanks!

Annie

Hi Annie,

No concerns that I am aware of! Thanks for your help.

Please don't worry that the chapter is not yet formatted in accordance with a 7.0 template. I will sort that out later, once an agreed template emerges.

Regards,

Steve

Hi Annie,

Just a quick clarification about the Calc Guide status tracking spreadsheet. When you take a chapter for first review, just put your initials in column G ("Rev1") and fill in column H ("Return date") when you return the reviewed file to the Feedback folder. There's no need to change any of the entries in earlier columns when you are carrying out one of the reviews.

Not a problem, just a tip for future reference.

Regards,

Steve

Hi Steven,

Review of Chapter 2 of the 7.0 Calc Guide is completed and in the Feedback
folder.

Thanks!

Annie

Hi Annie,

Just for the record, nobody calls me Steven - I usually answer to Steve (usually) or Stephen (my given name but only used when I'm in trouble!). Anyway, on to more important matters...

Very many thanks for the useful comments on Chapter 2 – your help is much appreciated. I have processed the comments, accepting most, but rejecting a few. I have hopefully covered everything you raised, but with the document containing two sets of tracked changes, it’s sometimes hard to be sure!

The file is now in the Draft folder awaiting second review. If you have time, feel free to look through the document and make sure that you are happy with my editorial decisions; feel free to email if anything is amiss or not understood (probably better than making further edits yourself at this stage).

A few notes on matters arising:
In the “Introduction” section, reference to dragging and dropping does not refer to the Fill tool. You can drag and drop data into cells from somewhere else on the same sheet, from another sheet, from another document, or even from another application.
On the Font Effects tab of the Format Cell dialog, the Emphasis mark and Position options are present when you have selected the Tools > Options > Language Settings > Languages > Asian option.
With regards to including links to Help pages, as far as I am aware we don’t normally do this in the guides. You’d like to think that the referenced topics could be located easily enough!
I am currently using LO 7.0.0.2 when editing chapters, and the 7.0 Help was installed on my PC with the software. I’m not clear why you are only seeing the 6.4 Help – try this version online https://help.libreoffice.org/7.0/en-US/text/shared/05/new_help.html.
Regarding the layout of bullet points in this chapter, I’ve attempted to standardize things. I’m hoping that when the 7.0 template becomes available, the List 2 style’s bullet symbol will have a different appearance to that used in this chapter’s current template. If so, the multi-level, bullet lists may look a little better.

Thanks again.

Regards,

Steve