Le 09/06/2020 à 06:28, Pulkit Krishna a écrit :

Hi Pulkit,

Yes, this change was made in master and also pushed into the 6.4.4
branch - it was deliberate.

The reason is that the embedded Firebird support code just too much of a
liability at the moment, and virtually no one is fixing the bugs that
its introduction has created, or the bugs for features that one would
expect to see in such an engine, but which haven't been implemented in
the LO code. It was a whole sorry mess, just waiting to explode in the
faces of unwitting users, so it was felt better to switch it back to
experimental, that way, if people hose their data with it, they will
have made the decision knowingly, rather than by default building their
hopes up and then kicking them where it hurts.

At least with embedded hsqldb 1.8.0, we know where all of the problems
lie, and the documentation doesn't need to be rewritten for a new db
engine that doesn't deliver on the promises our marketing communication
was so keen to tout (the engine itself is actually pretty capable, its
just the implementation within LO that is somewhat lacking).

Alex