I have a couple of questions about recording vs tracking changes.
What is the difference between going to File > Properties > Security >
Record Changes versus Edit > Track Changes > Record ?

Also, when I am on macOS, there is a check mark in the Edit menu that
clearly indicates when Edit > Track Changes > Record is active, whereas I
dont see that at all in Windows- havent tried it in Linux.

Also, another thing I noticed is that there is View > Track Changes, which
I have noticed is what makes the colored strike-through, which shows me the
changes that have been made.

So my question is: What is the difference between "Track Changes" and
"Record Changes", and what is "Record Changes" actually doing?

Gordon Bates
berrykevin321@gmaill.com
github.com/jdoes