Howdy,

Following up from the meeting yesterday.

So, I was wrong about the extension using direct formatting with
regards to the extension 'Macro Formatter 4.1.1'. Using a fresh
document it did add a set of character styles and the uses those in
the formatting and colorizing process. (The only note to make here is
that it needs to have the default configuration or _OOoTextBody
changed for the paragraph style - I choose the standard Text Body and
it worked fine)

As for a second extension, 'Code Highlighter 1.6', this python
extension does not run properly in the latest versions of LO so I
could not answer the question of how it handles the document changes.

Best wishes,

Drew