I keep forgetting LO lists only use outdated teletype formatting, so
    Iam repeating my previous post in quill pen and parchment style:Hi Peter,The original 6.x
template has/had:30 Applied Paragraph Styles +
Default=============================CaptionCodeContents 1Contents 2Contents 3Contents
HeadingDefinition TermFigureFooterGuide NameHeading 1Heading 2Heading 3Heading CautionHeading
NoteHeading TipListList 1List 2Numbering 1Numbering 2Numbering 3Page BreakSubtitleTable
ContentsTable HeadingText BodyText Body IndentText NoteTitle6 Applied Character Styles +
Default============================CodeEmphasisIndex LinkInternet LinkKeystrokeStrong EmphasisI
think Jean would also like one styled as LOList 1_TextBody to
    assistwith the creating of list items under some circumstances.Which styles would you like to
see removed?Originally there was only one 6.x template in the Nextcloud
    "ContributorResources" folder, but for some unknown reason folks kept creatingadditional
editions with their own modifications. Hopefully, the
    DocsTeam can agree on using just the one 7.x template and save saveunnecessary extra work for
the person compiling the final book forpublication. However, this seems unlikely since there are
already
    twoversions of the proposed 7.x template in the Nextcloud "ContributorResources"
folder.RegardsDaveOn 04/06/2020 14:42, Peter Schofield wrote:HelloThere is nothing wrong with LO
version 6 template, except the
      number of styles. The only thing that needs doing is serious look
      at the number of styles and the question should be asked is do we
      need the all.The version 6 template does need to be updated to match what is
      happening in version 7, if necessary.Mixing sans serif and serif never looks good in a user
guide. It
      is best to keep to one style of font. Sans serif is good and it
      matches what a user would normally see on their computer screen
      when using LibreOffice.There need to be only one of the version 7 template. At the moment
      there are too many copies of the version 6 template floating
      around and which one do you use?RegardsPeter Schofieldpsauthor@gmail.comOn 4 Jun 2020, at
13:37, DaveBuser.net@posteo.netwrote:I will not be joining today's meeting, but since my name still
        appearsin some of the proposed template's comments I will make some
        observations:* Is there really any important reason to make major changes to
        theexisting 6.x template, or is this just change for the sake of
        change?* I agree with Steve's comments below. In my view the mix of
        sans serifand serif fonts used give the template a somewhat messy jumbledappearance and
adds nothing to the readability.* Why are the guides (the software?) going to be given the title
        of"Community Edition"? Did I miss the announcement about the
        commercial orsome other edition?* My view is that unless there is some technical usability
        improvementthat can be made to the existing 6.x template, the 7.x template
        shouldonly include a few cosmetic changes in line with the software's
        PRversion number change.My 2¢ worth.RegardsDaveOn 04/06/2020 11:25, Steve Fanning wrote:Hi
Olivier,Some personal thoughts on your proposed LO7 template, in
          advance of theteam meeting to be held later.I think that switching the Text Body
paragraph style from a
          sans seriffont to a serif font is an important decision which shouldn’t
          be madewithout proper consideration of its impact. We certainly
          shouldn’tcommit to that change just because it distinguishes LO7 from
          LO6. Willusers of the guides find them more or less readable and
          attractive afterthe font change?If the team decide to use the serif font for
          the TextBody style, would it be better to use the same font family for
          thecharacter styles? This would avoid mixing sans serif and serif<br>
          characters in a single sentence.On the first page of the
          template, Ipreferred the chapter number, chapter title and chapter
          subtitle linesto be left justified, as in the LO6 template.Regards,Steve------ Original
Message ------From: "Olivier Hallot"olivier.hallot@libreoffice.orgTo: "LibreOffice
Documentation"documentation@global.libreoffice.org=Sent: 02/06/2020 20:51:20Subject:
[libreoffice-documentation] Proposal for 7.x guide
          templateHi TeamI have created a template candidate for our next 7.0 Guide
            booksavailable in the cloud
athttps://nextcloud.documentfoundation.org/s/minfbKWnn6XQkXqThis is work in progress and comment
are welcome. I
            deliberately changedsome styles...* Changed text body font to serif* Deleted unused
custom styles in template file* rebuilt the heading style hierarchy where headings inherit
            fromHeading paragraph style* New logo/banner on top of chapter* Page margins
inner/outer values to allow binding.* New Tip/Note/Warning icons/background (from Help)* No new
style, no style rename* Suggestion for Heading colors based on Module colors* Reworked numberbullet
list position settings.Glad to discuss items here or in the Team meeting this
            Thursday June4th, 18:00 UTCKind regards-- Olivier HallotLibreOffice Documentation
CoordinatorComunidade LibreOfficeRio de Janeiro - Brasil - Local Time: UTC-03:00http://tdf.io/joinus