First draft of updated Contributors' Guide done

All chapters of the first draft of the updated Contributors' Guide are
available on both the wiki and NextCloud, ready for review.
https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Documentation/DocumentationTeamInfo
https://nextcloud.documentfoundation.org/apps/files/?dir=/LibreOffice%20Documentation/English/Contributor%20Resources/Documentation%20Team%20Info/Drafts&fileid=314868

Notes:
There are some minor differences in the two versions, due to
differences in ODT and wiki presentation.
I am sure I have missed some updates or made other errors and omissions.

Jean

Hi all,

I've reviewed Chapter 1 of the Contributors' Guide and placed it in the
feedback folder.

Once something is in the feedback folder, should I delete it from the
drafts folder so there isn't a duplicate? I wasn't sure so I just left the
original copy there. Also I downloaded the file and reuploaded it after
edits were done, but saw there was the ability to track changes within
NextCloud. What is the preferred method?

As you can probably tell by all my questions, this was my first time
reviewing anything LibreOffice-related. If I've missed any part of the
normal review process, please let me know! I think I've got all the steps
down, but just want to be sure.

Jenna Sargent

Hello,
I have done the first review of chapter 0, 2, 3, 4 and 5. The files are in
feedback folder. I have updated the spreadsheet. Is there no plan to make a
complete book from these chapters? I am saying so because the covers are
not listed in the tracking spreadsheet.
Pulkit Krishna

Yes, I plan to compile it into a book. I have not bothered to make a cover
yet.
Jean

Do not delete the draft. You can move it to the Archive folder. If you
rename your reviewed copy, as you should, the two copies will not be
duplicates.

DO NOT edit chapters in NextCloud. Download, edit, change filename, upload
into Feedback.

I recommend that you read the other chapters to learn the proper process.

Jean

I think I forgot to mention (in the relevant chapter) what to do about
Draft copies after reviewing them, so thanks for asking about that.
Regards, Jean

Do you think it needs a cover in addition (or in place of) the title page
on the front matter file (Chapter 0)? It’s an internal document, not
intended for users.
Regards, Jean

I would like someone else to take over responsibility for this book. That
will involve making any changes needed from reviews, and updating the wiki
version as well.

Jean