Just a quick note as I madly try to achieve my end of May deadline on my books...

A common task in producing tables of contents for ebook editions is to delete all but the chapter title text and the hyperlink.

I normally do this by manually editing every entry, but today I again tried to work out how to do it by editing the Contents style itself via the Edit Index option and reading entries such as https://help.libreoffice.org/4.3/Writer/Formatting_an_Index_or_a_Table_of_Contents

Unfortunately, none of those help pages describe how to remove fields from the style.

Anyway, I will continue searching elsewhere on the internet for a little while to find a technique to do that, otherwise I'll give up and go back to manual deletion (which only takes about 5 mins per ToC - each time it's updated, naturally).

Regards,

luke