Notebookbar

All,

It appears that some aspects of the notebook bar are now enabled in the
default 6.4.3.2 build (i.e. they are not experimental). Examples are the
user interface options of Tabbed, Tabbed Compact and Groupedbar Compact in
Calc. There are also various related user interface options available in
Writer, Draw and Impress.

Have we thought about / agreed how these options should be covered in the
affected guides?

Regards,

Steve

Perhaps mention in passing in Chapter 1, or just ignore, in the 6.4
books. I think there may be a sentence or two already in Ch1 of GS
and/or WG, but without checking, I'm not sure. If so, having a
similar, very brief, mention in Calc 6.4 would be consistent.

For v7, we could consider a longer discussion in the Getting Started
Guide (perhaps in an Appendix?) and refer other guides to that one.

Jean

Hi Jean,

Thank you for that. I agree that it makes sense to put one general
description of these facilities somewhere in the next issue of the Getting
Started
Guide, and referring to this from the other guides.

In the relevant component guides, maybe they should also be mentioned
(briefly) in the Setting up and Customizing chapters too? This is because
of the appearance of related settings in two places:

   1. In Tool > Options > LibreOffice > View > Icon size > Notebookbar.
   2. On the Notebookbar tab of the Tools > Customize dialog.

I'm currently working on this chapter for the Calc Guide (hence my interest
in this topic!) and could easily cover these controls therein, at a very
high level. Is it sensible for me to do so?

Regards,

Steve