Hi Leo,

Thanks for the comments on chapter 2. I have processed them, accepted most
of the changes, and returned the file to the Draft folder ready for its
second review.

For the record:

   1. With respect to your comment about the white space after Figure 3. I
   agree that this needs to be reduced but feel that reducing the size of the
   figure isn’t necessarily the best way to do it.  And now isn’t necessarily
   the best time to implement any fix, while the chapter is still potentially
   changing. So, I propose to address issues like this throughout the book,
   once all chapter updates are finished.
   2. With regards to giving some more information how to customize the
   formatting of numbers, the Help system includes much information about this
   – see the page entitled “Number Format Codes” at
   https://help.libreoffice.org/6.4/en-US/text/shared/01/05020301.html?DbPAR=SHARED#bm_id3153514.
   I don’t feel we need to replicate this information in the Calc Guide but
   have added a sentence in the section entitled “Formatting numbers” to draw
   the reader’s attention to the extensive help description.
   3. Regarding my proposed removal of the note from the “Numbers as text”
   section, I am struggling with the logic of including a note that is
   incorrect with respect to how 6.4 works. Do any of the other guides contain
   descriptions of how a feature used to work simply to highlight that it’s
   different now? For now, I’ve omitted the note; if you feel strongly about
   it then feel free to ask others via the mailing list for alternative
   opinions.

Thanks again for your comments.

Regards,

Steve