Hi Pulkit.
I apologise for the misspelling of your name previously by my phone
autocorrect. I reread the 6.0 guide again and it took me a while to see
what you meant.
My method is similar but simpler for basic applications in that creating
the data source first is not required, the data source is seamlessly
created and opened from a spread sheet from Calc or Excel or a CSV that
someone might send you to print or send in a document and from which the
fields can be inserted.
It is a different single process workflow which myself and our employees
find simpler to use and I will look to follow your recommendation to
include it in a the wiki at help.libreoffice.org.

Cheers, steve