LibreOffice Base Guide

Helo Everybody,
I have put the chapter 7 of base guide 6.2 to its published folder. Now
only 1 chapter left. AHR( I don't know who is it) has done its first
review. Jean-Pierre Ledure from Access2Base has taken it to add Access2Base
documentation. After he is done , Jean Webber can take it for an additional
review to update the styles(the chapter still uses old styles).

The Base Guide 6.2 is going to be published soon I think.
Pulkit Krishna

Hi Pulkit,

I have just uploaded a new section about Access2Base in a file named BG6209-Macros_JPL_20200430.odt (Draft directory of the 6.2 Base Handbook).

It would probably benefit from a rapid review by a native english writer.

I started from the updates made by AHR (Alain Romedenne).

I never used before the template and the proposed styles. So, adapting them to whatever is newer (Jean Webber ?) should improve the result.

Regards.
JPL

After reading Jean's email about the bug that exists on step 3 of the Mail Merge wizard, I have decided that that part of chapter 7 needs to be rewritten which I have done today. I am uploading it to the feedback folder for your consideration. Now I will get back to work on GS6408.

Dan

Hi Dan,

After reading Jean's email about the bug that exists on step 3 of the
Mail Merge wizard, I have decided that that part of chapter 7 needs to
be rewritten which I have done today. I am uploading it to the feedback
folder for your consideration. Now I will get back to work on GS6408.

Do I understand it the right way? There is a bug, so it doesen't work in
this special version. And now the content should be written without this
feature, because it has been lost by the buggy behaviour?

If I would do this for the whole Base-Handbuch I have a lot to do. There
is more than one feature, which isn't working in LO at this moment, but
described as it has been planned to work.

I would only give a hint: There is a buggy behavior at this moment, but
could be it is working with the version you use...

Regards

Robert

I agree with Robert. Oliver said that we should write believing that the
bugs are non existent. So I propose to let the chapter as it is. By the way
Robert, this may intrest you:-
There are only 4 steps in mailmerge from v6.2 but the handbauch gives 8
steps.

Hi Pulkit,

I agree with Robert. Oliver said that we should write believing that the
bugs are non existent. So I propose to let the chapter as it is. By the way
Robert, this may intrest you:-
There are only 4 steps in mailmerge from v6.2 but the handbauch gives 8
steps.

I will have a look at this for the next edition.

If you are planning to write an edition for LO 6.4.*: I would give a
hint Firebird couldn't be choosen as database since LO 6.4.3.2, if
experimental features are set to "On".

Regards

Robert

My problem with this bug is that it has been in existence since 2018, perhaps 2017. It does not work for 6.2.6.1, 6.2.8.2, 6.3.6.2, nor for 6.4.3.2. At least not for the Debian versions. So, possibly it does not work with Debian versions even for the 5.x.x. It does not work for MacOS according to Jean.

The thing is that the Mail Merge wizard works fine when a person does not select a personal salutation. (Again, I have verified this with several of the versions I mentioned, trying several times in successions.) At the very least, mention should be made of what versions of LO are affected as well as giving a simple solution for those who like myself use a version that are affected.

I know that I got very discussed trying to make it work until the bug was reported to me. I just do not want anyone else to have to go through what I did without getting the results they expect.

Dan

Hi Dan,

I know that I got very discussed trying to make it work until the bug
was reported to me. I just do not want anyone else to have to go through
what I did without getting the results they expect.

So give a hint for the buggy behavior. In the Handbuch there are tables
called HINWEIS. I would prefer to write down the buggy behavior there.

For example another buggy behavior, which appeared and disappeared in
LO-Versions (and in AOO): Report-Builder could show charts, but there
have been versions, where no charts could be shown. So I have written a
special chapter for error sources in Report Builder. But the chapter for
charts has been there the whole time.

Regards

Robert

Hello Robert,
That is what Dan hsa did. When he said that he had rewritten thn I also got
confused. But he has done nice work. The file has now been selected as
final and Jean is working on formmating now.
Pulkit Krishna