On 4/30/20 10:43, Robert Großkopf wrote:
Hi Dan,

After reading Jean's email about the bug that exists on step 3 of the
Mail Merge wizard, I have decided that that part of chapter 7 needs to
be rewritten which I have done today. I am uploading it to the feedback
folder for your consideration. Now I will get back to work on GS6408.
Do I understand it the right way? There is a bug, so it doesen't work in
this special version. And now the content should be written without this
feature, because it has been lost by the buggy behaviour?

If I would do this for the whole Base-Handbuch I have a lot to do. There
is more than one feature, which isn't working in LO at this moment, but
described as it has been planned to work.

I would only give a hint: There is a buggy behavior at this moment, but
could be it is working with the version you use...

Regards

Robert

  My problem with this bug is that it has been in existence since 2018, perhaps 2017. It does not work for 6.2.6.1, 6.2.8.2, 6.3.6.2, nor for 6.4.3.2. At least not for the Debian versions. So, possibly it does not work with Debian versions even for the 5.x.x. It does not work for MacOS according to Jean.

   The thing is that the Mail Merge wizard works fine when a person does not select a personal salutation. (Again, I have verified this with several of the versions I mentioned, trying several times in successions.) At the very least, mention should be made of what versions of LO are affected as well as giving a simple solution for those who like myself use a version that are affected.

I know that I got very discussed trying to make it work until the bug was reported to me. I just do not want anyone else to have to go through what I did without getting the results they expect.

Dan