There is a bug. It does not work on ubuntu also.

On 30 Apr 2020 2:23 a.m., "Jean Weber" <jeanweber@gmail.com> wrote:

Comments below.

On Thu, 30 Apr 2020 at 03:42 Dan Lewis <elderdanlewis@gmail.com> wrote:

    I have gone as far as I can go with mail merge. The only problem
that I can not solve is with Step 4 of the mail merge wizard, Create a
salutation. As long as I uncheck the box for a personal salutation, it
works fine. Otherwise I get an two lines when there should only be one:

Dear Mr. xxxxx,
Dear Mrs. xxxxx,

This happened to me, too, using 6.4 on MacOS. I didn’t try hidden
paragraphs.
Jean

Hidden paragraphs do not work either. This is for LibreOffice 6.2, 6.3,
and 6.4 (6.4.3.2). There is a bug #118861 that involves this problem. I
wonder if using the Debian version has anything to do with this.

So, I have uploaded the file into the feedback folder with a comment in
that section. The Guide Status file has been updated. Someone else needs
to look through all of the recorded changes I have made to this file.

    I have also downloaded chapter 8, Getting Started with Base. I
should finish this by Tuesday evening (2000UTC). I did not find any
place in the Status spreadsheet to place this information.

Dan