Base Guide ch 7 report and more

I have gone as far as I can go with mail merge. The only problem that I can not solve is with Step 4 of the mail merge wizard, Create a salutation. As long as I uncheck the box for a personal salutation, it works fine. Otherwise I get an two lines when there should only be one:

Dear Mr. xxxxx,
Dear Mrs. xxxxx,

Hidden paragraphs do not work either. This is for LibreOffice 6.2, 6.3, and 6.4 (6.4.3.2). There is a bug #118861 that involves this problem. I wonder if using the Debian version has anything to do with this.

So, I have uploaded the file into the feedback folder with a comment in that section. The Guide Status file has been updated. Someone else needs to look through all of the recorded changes I have made to this file.

I have also downloaded chapter 8, Getting Started with Base. I should finish this by Tuesday evening (2000UTC). I did not find any place in the Status spreadsheet to place this information.

Dan

Comments below.

    I have gone as far as I can go with mail merge. The only problem
that I can not solve is with Step 4 of the mail merge wizard, Create a
salutation. As long as I uncheck the box for a personal salutation, it
works fine. Otherwise I get an two lines when there should only be one:

Dear Mr. xxxxx,
Dear Mrs. xxxxx,

This happened to me, too, using 6.4 on MacOS. I didn’t try hidden
paragraphs.
Jean

There is a bug. It does not work on ubuntu also.

Hello Dan,

> I have also downloaded chapter 8, Getting Started with Base. I
> should finish this by Tuesday evening (2000UTC). I did not find any
> place in the Status spreadsheet to place this information.

You should add your info on the row under the one for that chapter. The

chapter has gone through a review process, but someone said that it should
go through the process again. I will take it for second review after you
are done with it.
Pulkit Krishna