I have been able to almost create a mail merge using the query, Readeraddresses, from the registered database, Media. (The actual database is Media_without_Macros.).

On the Create a Salutation, I use the field, Salutation, to indicate which person is a female. Since this field contains Mr. for men and Mrs. for women, I have placed Mrs. as the Field value. When I click at the bottom of the Preview window to change documents, I get Dear Mr. for the men and Dear Mrs. for the women. After adjusting the place where the salutation should be on with relationship to the Address Block of the letter, I click Finish.

The salutation that appears in the letter is the following three lines for the first person who is a male:

Dear Mrs. Lederstrumpf,
Dear Mr. Lederstrumpf,
Dear Sir/Madam,

As I use the Data to Field button to go from one person to the next one, the Address Block is correct, but the salutation obviously is not. Why isn't the top two lines exactly the same as the Preview that I had seen in the Mail Merge Wizard? How do I get it to show what I need:

Dear <salutation> <LastName>, where salutation is either Mr. or Mrs. depending upon value in the Salutation field?

Dan