Now I see the problem more clearly. The readeradress query has not a title
and salutation column but not a gender column.

We can leave out the example there. The writer guide describes Mail Merge
in detail. We have just told the steps. Our part is how to connect to
database the rest is part of writer guide. We can add its reference there.

To learn the steps of mail merge from scratch, fiest a user should use an
csv database, as desribed in the writer Guide, and then if he tries that
section in Base Guide then he will be able to understand it very well.
Elaborating everything everywhere is not necessary.
Pulkit Krishna

On Sun, Apr 26, 2020 at 11:27 AM Pulkit Krishna <pulkitkrishna00@gmail.com>