Hello Dan,
First of all, that section was rewritten by Jean( I do not want to say that
she has removed any example, there was no example in the draft). Secondly,
That section do not give any example. It just describes the steps of mail
merge.But I think it would be appropriate to include an example. I think
there was a bug in the salutation part also. I don't remember clearly. And
as you say that there are not many details, then the mail merge has a
chapter to itself in the writer guide. The base Guide only notes important
details of the steps.
Pulkit Krishna

On Sun, Apr 26, 2020 at 10:35 AM Pulkit Krishna <pulkitkrishna00@gmail.com>