X-refs to figures & tables in LO user guides

Olivier,
Please confirm that my understanding is correct about x-refs to
figures and tables in the user guides: The category name ("Figure" or
Table") should be typed, and the x-ref set to "Numbering" not
"Category and Number". (This is a change from our practice a few years
ago.)

I notice that the Draw Guide chapters Peter S has published (after
Claire's review) have the figure refs done in the old style. I think
they need to be changed, but I wanted to verify this with you first.

Jean

Hello Jean

Olivier,
Please confirm that my understanding is correct about x-refs to
figures and tables in the user guides: The category name ("Figure" or
Table") should be typed, and the x-ref set to "Numbering" not
"Category and Number". (This is a change from our practice a few years
ago.)

This is correct. The category is not properly translated into other
languages, so it is safer to have it typed and the x-ref restricted to
the number.

As background, I once translated some chapters of A. Pitoniak's Macro
book and I run into troubles with the untranslatable x-ref category
"listing".

Hello Jean and Olivier

I will change the references to figures and tables on the Draw Guide.

Peter Schofield
psauthor@gmail.com