Data to Field problem

When Data Sources is open and a database file is selected, both Data to Text or Data to Field buttons are active. However, when I click Data to Field, no dialog opens. When I click Data to Text, the dialog opens with a choice of Table, Field, or Text. Is there really a reason for the Data to Field button at all? Should any reference to it be removed in the documentation? Or, is what I see not happening just a problem with the Linux versions?

Dan

Hi Dan,

When Data Sources is open and a database file is selected, both Data to
Text or Data to Field buttons are active.

There must be field in the document, which should be filled. You could
pull the field from the header of the table, which you could see in the
databrowser, into the textdocument. Or you could add fields whith Insert

Fields > More Fields > Database ..

If you have now inserted field to your document and mark a row you could
set the data of this row to the fields in your document.

Regards

Robert