Hi Peter,

Peter Schofield schrieb am 17-Apr-20 um 15:24:
Sorry Regina

This info does not make sense to me. I am not a programmer, nor have I ever been involved in
creating software. I am at the other end — a user.
I need a definition that I can understand and use to create an explanation for a user.

Sorry, I will try it again.
You can think of a scene as a little three-dimensional world. This world can contain the object types: cube, sphere, extrusion-object, rotation-object. LibreOffice makes a kind of "photo" from this "world" and inserts it into the draw page.

The object types cube, sphere, extrusion-object, rotation-object do not exist outside a scene.

Open the sub-toolbar "3D-Objects" from the drawing toolbar and draw a cube. Now look at the status-bar. You see the text "3D scene selected". Now press F3. You should see the text "3D cube selected" in the status-bar.

A scene acts similar to a group. Therefore it has the same short-cuts as a group. With key F3 you enter the scene. You are now inside the little three-dimensional world. With Ctrl+F3 you leave the scene.

If you want to experiment with a more complex scene, you can use the logo of LibreOffice 6. You can get the Draw file containing the original object from https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/File:LibO6.0-Cubes.odg

Perhaps it is easier, if you play around with such objects, and if get something unexpected for you, then ask about that situation.

One problem with 3D-objects is surely, that similar shapes do neither exist in PowerPoint nor as SVG-image.

Kind regards
Regina