Hi Kenneth

Em 16/04/2020 03:08, Kenneth Hanson escreveu:
Hello all,

I'm looking at the contributor guide and past versions of the user guides
now. I have some questions about images.

1. Are there source files (ODG, SVG, etc.) stored in Nextcloud or
otherwise? I don't see anything for Writer or Getting Started, current or
previous version.

2. Regardless of where past files are stored, where should current files be
stored? I see an images folder for WG6.4, containing only PNGs. Is it okay
to place them side by side, same name, different extension?

3. When exporting the image to be embedded, what format and settings should
be used? My instinct is to use PNG and 300 DPI. The LO Draw export dialog
for PNG also has options "Mode/Interlaced" and "Drawing Options/Save
Transparency".

Thanks,

--Kenneth

On a side note, when inserting illustrations in a chapter: do not use
OLE objects such as ODG, ODS, formulas. Always take a picture/screenshot
of the drawing or object and embed as PNG (preferably) or JPEG.

If you have a drawing in ODG, export as PNG and insert in the chapter.
Take a screenshot of the spreadsheet or formula and embed as PNG.

The main reason is when we export to alien formats such as EPUB, OLE
object are not supported and we get a broken image icon.

Another tip for dialog screenshot is available here:
https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Documentation/Screenshots#Creating_screenshots_manually

Olivier Hallot
LibreOffice Documentation Coordinator
Comunidade LibreOffice