Writer Guide 6.4

I plan to make a folder for “annotated pre draft” files and put there some
chapters with my comments in them about things I know need to be updated.
If the updates are quick & easy to do, I’ll probably just do them myself,
but if they need more work I will leave them for others because I don’t
have time to deal with them now. For example, I know changes are needed in
the Mail Merge chapter that require screen captures from a suitable data
source. The Fields chapter still has, I think, some obsolete examples. And
others.

If you plan to update a WG chapter, please look first in the Annotated Pre
Draft folder for v6.4 to see if a file for that chapter is in there.
Otherwise, use the file from WG 6.0 Published folder as a starting point.

(I could make a spreadsheet of known changes required, and I might do that
as a summary, but I think having comments in the files, where the work is
needed, is most useful.)

Jean

I have placed an annotated copy of Chapter 13, Mail Merge, in the
“Annotated pre draft” folder for WG6.4.

I have made some notes on things I know need to be done to update this
chapter. I have not checked everything, so there are probably other
things to do. It hasn't been properly reviewed and updated in a long
time. (Yes, I didn't do a proper job last time.)

--Jean

Thanks Jean!