Thank you Jean!

On Mon, Apr 13, 2020 at 3:51 PM Jean Weber <jeanweber@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi Toni,

The instructions for use of character styles (in the chapter template and
the Contributors Guide) are out of date. I am working on updating them.
(Also, updates are being done first in the wiki version and will be
incorporated into the ODT on NextCloud when I get a chance.)

To answer your question:
We are no longer using MenuPath or any variation of it; those were custom
styles. Use Strong Emphasis for menu items, including context (right-click)
menus.

Do not use Emphasis for Chapters referred to, for example *Chapter 1
Introducing Impress* - use the default style. (Peter S introducd this usage
in the Draw and Impress Guides several years ago, but we are not using it
in most books.)

Do use Emphasis for books and user guides referred to, for example *Impress
Guide* and for other terms that are commonly italicized in English usage.

Highlighting for options in LibreOffice dialogs, for example As character,
Format: I suggest using whatever is most common in the book: Emphasis
(italic) or Strong Emphasis (bold). I don’t think it’s worth the effort to
change them to be consistent across all the books.

Jean