For people working on this update:
1) Remember to check the Release Notes for v6.1, 6.2, 6.3 and 6.4.
2) Many minor changes are not given in the release notes, so be sure to
verify what’s written. If it doesn’t correspond to what you see, it might
be an error in the v6.0 book or it might be a change in the software.
Either way, what’s written needs to be changed.
3) Be especially wary of features that are no longer there or methods that
no longer work, and thus need to be removed from the book.
4) Some chapters may still have instructions that were originally
workarounds for missing features, but the features are now there so the
workarounds are no longer needed (although they may work perfectly well).
I’ll try to find time to make a list of the ones I remember.
5) Related to 4), some examples in some chapters are now a bit silly (why
do something the hard way if an easy way now exists?) and should be
replaced by better examples or removed.
6) Don’t believe much of what’s in Ch2 of the Contributors Guide. I’m
updating it, slowly.

I’m sure there are others; I’ll post again when I think of them.