All,

I would be grateful for opinions please from some of the experienced
members of the team.

As you may be aware from previous emails I’ve sent to the list, I have some
reservations about Appendix A to the Calc Guide entitled Keyboard
Shortcuts. The can be summarized by two main points:
(1) I think there are a significant number of omissions from the issued
version.
(2) I feel that this is one section of the Calc Guide that should be
specific about macOS aspects because it is not always possible to predict
the Mac equivalent of a Windows/Linux key sequence.

I have therefore produced an embryonic update to this chapter and I would
very much like feedback on what people think. Please do not embark on a
full review because I haven’t finished the detail yet (I expect the list of
shortcuts to be complete but I still have work to capture some of the macOS
key sequences). However it would be worth getting some initial feedback on
the approach – if it’s felt to be an inferior idea, then I wouldn’t want to
spend time polishing it! I suppose the main question is whether the
proposed approach would be helpful to users.

I have uploaded a PDF copy to NextCloud, see
https://nextcloud.documentfoundation.org/s/6Kgz5TmSog9iMD3. Let me know if
you have any problems accessing the file.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Regards,

Steve