Hi,
Please what are the 5 other guides that need coordination?
You've already mentioned:

   - Base
   - Calc
   - LibreOffice Online

Regards

*GAMO NANA Servais Randolph*,
"Au service du pauvre et du malheureux"
TEL: +237 697518768

On Sun, Apr 12, 2020 at 4:27 AM Olivier Hallot <
olivier.hallot@libreoffice.org> wrote:

Hi team

I have been nurturing for long time on the idea of book coordination.

Actually the situation is that LibreOffice deals with a broad range of
subjects - from word processors, drawings, scientific equations, math
calculation, scientific data, business decision, printing, editing, data
management with databases, image processing, animations, presentation,
programming, and so on-  that very few of is an expert in all the areas
above.

We have 8 Guides published that needs update, which ideally should be
ready at release time of the Software. Having a software release with
its companion end-user documentation sets a higher standard for
LibreOffice as an Open Source project.

Today circumstances on the world pandemic is bringing more and more
volunteers. But to better manage the task we must divide the work. The
idea is to have one of our team members as focal point that can
coordinate the work on a given Guide, follow up the software development
x doc gap, meet regularly with the team, advise volunteers, on issues,
and on the editorial content and more.

Steve and Pulkit have already volunteered to coordinate the Calc and the
Base guide respectively. It will be nice to listen to their ideas. I'd
like to coordinate the LibreOffice Online Guide. Thank makes 3 of us and
3 guides. Other 5 guides needs love too.

The work ahead is challenging. The forthcoming release 7 of the software
in August this year will get a new branding (not yet defined) and there
will be the need to design the front and back covers of the guides
accordingly. The templates used in the books will also need a review.

I'll be part of all guides team and will also work on other areas of the
software documentation.

Olivier Hallot
LibreOffice Documentation Coordinator
Comunidade LibreOffice