The main problems are caused by hiding the sections containing the
copyright pages in the chapter files. That causes the following page style
to be wrong, figure numbers to be wrong, and some other problems that I
don’t recall.  I wrote an email a year or two ago with a summary, but I
can’t find it. IMO it’s a bug, and there’s probably a bug report.

Some minor problems are due to chapter authors’ errors, including not
explicitly setting the first item in the first numbered list in each
chapter to restart at 1.

Jean

On Sun, 12 Apr 2020 at 18:16 Stephen Fanning <stevemfanning.wh@gmail.com>