Raster Graphics or Bitmap Images

To help me update Chapter 6 in the Draw Guide to version 6.4, which term is preferred Raster Graphics or Bitmap Images?

Raster graphics are bitmap images.

Bitmap images is the more widely known file format and uses the extension BMP.

Does LO stay in the past or move forwards to modern times?

Regards
Peter Schofield
psauthor@gmail.com

Hi Peter,

To help me update Chapter 6 in the Draw Guide to version 6.4, which term is preferred Raster Graphics or Bitmap Images?

Raster graphics are bitmap images.

Bitmap images is the more widely known file format and uses the extension BMP.

Does LO stay in the past or move forwards to modern times?

"Raster graphic" is the opposite to "Vector graphic" and covers more then "Bitmap", which is usually only used for BMP. "Raster graphic" covers png and jpg too, for example.

Kind regards
Regina

+1
I think we should stick with the technically correct terminology of
"Raster Graphic".

Regards
Dave