Question about resolving comments

Good afternoon!
I noticed if resolve a comment, save the Writer file, exit then reopen the
file, the comment has become "unresolved". Should I be deleting the
comments instead?

Thanks for you help.

Kind regards,
Toni

Hi Toni,

Can you please explain in a bit more detail, maybe step by step, what
you mean by "RESOLVING a comment"? The word "resolve" is not part of the
common terminology we use. On the other hand, I might be totally missing
the point :slight_smile:

Normally if I see a comment in a draft/review document that I can answer
I will do that, otherwise I might add a (hopefully) useful
addition/response to the comment for others to consider and respond to.

With a bit more clarification we can probably provide a useful answer to
your question.

In closing I have to say your input and contributions to the
documentation team are much appreciated.

Thanks & Kind Regards
Dave

Hi Dave,
Thank you for your reply!
In reviewing comments, if you click on the caret at the bottom, the choices
come up Reply, Resolve, Delete Comment, etc. I was hoping to "Resolve"
some of the comments without deleting them, so I was marking some as such.
The reasoning behind it is in case the next reviewer has the same question
or is curious why something was done in a certain way.

[image: image.png]
Thank you for your help!
Kind regards,
Toni

Hi Toni,I have to admit that you are much more observant than I am. I
          had not noticed the change in Writer's comments menu. In
          previous versions (eg. 5.4) there was a comment option to
          "Reply", which added a comment linked to the existing one.
If that option still existed it would better serve your
          purpose of notifying subsequent reviewers.

Our guides offer no indication about the intended purpose of
          this "Resolve" option and searching several possible resources
          uncovers no information. I will make a more thorough search
          through past release notes to see if they offer any clue.Maybe it is time for an enhancement/reversion request bug
          report, or we can simply ignore the "Resolve" option and just
          add more text to the existing comment.Kind RegardsDave