Extension Manager function for Impress

Hello Everyone,

I am currently revising the 2nd Impress chapter.

I am trying to add new templates to the Impress 6.4 version through the Extension Manager (Tools > Extension Manager.) It doesn't work for me.

In instructions, it is said that I have to download an .OXT file from http://templates.libreoffice.org/template-center

First, I wasn't able to find .OXT file. Most of the files are in otp format.

I tried to add other formats as an extension. However, it didn't update in my Templates dialog.

I must have missed something. It would be helpful if someone could advise me on it.

Dimona Delvere

Templates are .OTP files; extensions are .OXT files. With LibreOffice open, Tools > Options > LibreOffice > Paths. The right side of this page shows the paths to various parts of LibreOffice, Templates is one of them.

Download the templates you want for Impress. Place them in the template folder that is listed in the path for this purpose. Restart LIbreOffice. They should show up in the Impress templates.

Actually, you could create a folder for these templates. Place them in that folder. Left click Templates in the list of paths which should highlight this line. Click the button Edit in the bottom right. Click "Add" and browse to the folder you have created. Close and reopen LIbreOffice.

Dan

Thank you, Peter, Dave, and Dan.

Your advice is very useful.

Peter tested it at his end and it worked ok for him.
I probably have a different setup. I was able to import a new template in a way Dave described it. But for some reason, adding the folder with new templates to the path of Templates dialog didn't help me.

However, thank you all for your good advice. From Peter's description, I can see that the Importing Template Collections section works fine.

Dimona Delvere

Hi

You can have several templates (OTP, OTT, OTS, OTG) packed in an
extension (OXT). This way you can distribute the package and install the
set easily in many computers with the extension manager.

Once installed the templates will also show in the template manager of
LibreOffice.

Regards
Olivier