Jean Weber schreef op 29.02.2020 11:13:
Some time recently, I think Olivier said the English guides should have
screenshots from Windows. I was surprised because a few years ago
everything was supposed to be Linux, and I do not recall why this happened.

I think it is because most of the LO users are still Windows users.

Kees

Jean

On Sat, 29 Feb 2020 at 20:05 Robert Großkopf <robert@familiegrosskopf.de>
wrote:

Hi Rob,

> Just to be clear... I thought we agreed to use Windows OS to create the
> screendumps... (Dan told us to use Windows OS) The first Image in
> chapter 1 does not looks like Windows at all...
> So I redo all screenshots in Windows??

Don't know where to get the chapters of the Base guide you are working
on, but the original Base Handbook and the published version for LO 5.0 contains only Linux-screenshots. There are 2 resons for this screenshots:
- avoid to get trouble with copyrights (the German documentation team
decided to take all screenshots in a special Linux-GTK-design ...)
- no Windows system available for me, the author of the Base Handbuch.

Regards

Robert