On Mon, Feb 24, 2020 at 1:36 AM Robert Großkopf <robert@familiegrosskopf.de>
wrote:

Hi Drew,

I have migated many of the databases to Firebird but havent translated
these databases to English. The main problem is to migrate the queries
and the views.

So far the queries have not been all that bad. The views are a bit of a
different story. But I've only touched one of those so far.

But there is another discussion to set creation of Firebird back to
experimental, because there are many bugs and nobody, who has time to
fix these bugs:

http://document-foundation-mail-archive.969070.n3.nabble.com/About-putting-Firebird-creation-option-experimental-td4274028.html

Darn, seems I was no longer signed up for the DEV ML. Fixed now.

Anyway, I pulled yesterday's builds for 6.4.2 and 7.0. This change has
already landed in 7 but not the 6.4 build.

I will change the content of the Base-Handbuch a little bit, because
there are many people, who have started with Firebird, which is
described as the future of LO-Base there. But there is nearly no
developement the last year and the bugs are almost the same. So I won't
recommend people to change to Firebird.

Fortunately with the change a user can open and run an embedded Firebird
file from a default install, just can't create new ones without first
turning on experimental features.

For myself I'm going continue on, if for no other reason it is a good way
to exercise the 7.0 code against Base. That already yielded one issue, as
you know, and there may be more.

Best wishes,

Drew

Regards