Howdy,

As you know starting with 6.4 both the HSQL and Firebird embedded databases
are supported by default in the application.

It seemed like a good idea to begin by offering the same set of example
databases using a Firebird RDBMS as currently exist for HSQLdb.

I've add Robert G. to CC on this email because it could be that he has
already done what I've just started.

Two days ago I started the conversion of the set of files to Firebird.

The initial step was to run each through the Migration assistant, this
rendered all files with migrated data tables.

Now comes the task of fixing up those things which would not migrate
automagically. Some views in a few of the files, queries and embedded SQL
in components and macros.

What I propose is to create two folders in the supplemental (HSQL and
Firebird) under the 6.2 guide section each folder holding like named odb
files, even though I don't expect the 6.2 guide will mention them - this
way they are available for anyone to compare one against the other.

I thought I'd start by putting this batch of files, as is, to the Firebird
folder with a calc file listing which are finished and which still need
work.

If there is no objection.

Thanks

Drew