Hi Peter,

Peter Schofield wrote on 19/02/2020 09:14:

I then saved (exported) the file in PNG format. When I came to use
the modified screenshot, I got the message in Writer that this was an
empty file. The question is what is happening in Draw when exporting
files without saving in ODG first?

It just works fine, if you do the proper choices in the export dialog.
(But I see that you'll be update the Draw guide - that may help ;) ).
One thing, that happens to me now and then: when I do an export and
there is a single object (maybe empty) selected, while I choose to
export the selection (thinking of one page) there will be an 'empty' image.
But that is not an empty file. So something else went wrong on your side ;)

Greetings,
Cor

--
Cor Nouws