Hello Regina and Olivier

After reading the information about creating user guides, I decided to use Draw for any additional
text or graphics that have to be placed on a screenshot. When I wrote LO user guides a few years
ago, I did not use Draw as I had my own way of doing screenshots.

I am using MacOS for my work on LO user guides.
I take screenshots using Appleā€™s Screenshot app and the screenshot is automatically saved in PNG
format.
To add text or additional graphics, I opened the PNG file in Draw and added my alterations.
I then saved (exported) the file in PNG format. When I came to use the modified screenshot, I got
the message in Writer that this was an empty file. The question is what is happening in Draw when
exporting files without saving in ODG first?
I then tried saving the screenshot in Draw format (ODG). Placing this ODG file directly into the
Writer document, I got the message that this was an unrecognised format.
I then opened the ODG screenshot in Draw and exported as a new PNG file. This worked and the screen
shot appeared in Writer.

In my opinion, Draw is not quite finished and does not have 100% compatibility with other LO
modules. Can someone investigate as I am not a software boffin only a Technical Writer who has
written on software applications.

I will be updating the Draw User Guide to version 6.4, which may give me a clue as to what is
happening.

Regards
Peter Schofield
psauthor@gmail.com