Hi Peter,

Peter Schofield schrieb am 18-Feb-20 um 13:01:
I am updating the user guide for Draw to version 6.4 and have come a problem.

LO Writer is not accepting the ODG format as a file. I have tried dropping into a document as well
as doing a copy and paste, but nothing happens. I also tried importing as an image and I get the
message that the ODG drawing is not recognised as an image.

My only solution at the moment is to export from Draw in PNG format after saving in ODG format.

Exporting directly from Draw without saving in ODG format produces an empty file.

Anybody know a solution.

I am using LO version 6.4.0.3

The goal is not clear to me.
If you intend to import a complete ODG file (why?), then it would be only possible as OLE. If you want to insert single drawings, often simple copy&paste will work. Another method would be to drag the drawing into a (new) Gallery theme in Draw and insert it from the Gallery in Writer.

If your drawing in Draw contains several shapes, you might get better results by grouping them. In case you get distance problems at the edges, include a white rectangle behind the drawing.

Why do you think, using PNG in the guide is not so good?

BTW, I'm currently reviewing the German guide for Draw.

Kind regards
Regina