Changing content of FAQ Base

Hi *,

sometimes ago I translated most of the content of FAQ Base into German.
Now I noticed there werde wrong answers in the FAQ. Could there has been
changed something since the first time anybody wrote the FAQ. What is
the way to upadte the FAQ?
1. Change the content in English FAQ and automatically change the
content in all other translated languages? Then I have to wait, because
my English isn't good enough for this.
2. Change content in the German FAQ and write here in this list there
has to be changed something?

Regards

Robert

Howdy Robert,

Looks like folks are just humming along with the guides.

If you could list here the questions which you see as having wrong answers
on the EN faq page I'd take a quick look and try to clean up the answers,
that way the folks working the guides don't have to break their stride.
(of if you want to use irc or jitsi to do so that would work also)

Best wishes

Drew

Drew

Hi Drew,

Looks like folks are just humming along with the guides.

If you could list here the questions which you see as having wrong answers
on the EN faq page I'd take a quick look and try to clean up the answers,
that way the folks working the guides don't have to break their stride.
(of if you want to use irc or jitsi to do so that would work also)

I have tested connection to PostgreSQL for a German user:

https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Faq/Base/013
isn't up to date. ODBC-connection works here without problems with
UnixODBC. The answer doesen't give a hint which system is used, so I
couldn't find such a version here.

https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Faq/Base/014
Same problem. ODBC works as expected, better than JDBC-connection. With
ODBC-connection you could input data in queries with table-alias and
datatype serial. Using JDBC-connection the autoincremented value will
only return 0.

https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Faq/Base/015
same problem as FAQ Base 13

Regards

Robert

Connectors - but of course.

I'll see what I can do.

Hi Drew,

> Looks like folks are just humming along with the guides.
>
> If you could list here the questions which you see as having wrong
answers
> on the EN faq page I'd take a quick look and try to clean up the answers,
> that way the folks working the guides don't have to break their stride.
> (of if you want to use irc or jitsi to do so that would work also)

I have tested connection to PostgreSQL for a German user:

https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Faq/Base/013
isn't up to date. ODBC-connection works here without problems with
UnixODBC. The answer doesen't give a hint which system is used, so I
couldn't find such a version here.

Well, since the only version that gave that error was the version listed I
don't know that it is not correct.
In other words, if you aren't using that old driver then this is a moot
question because you aren't getting that error.

https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Faq/Base/014
Same problem. ODBC works as expected, better than JDBC-connection. With
ODBC-connection you could input data in queries with table-alias and
datatype serial. Using JDBC-connection the autoincremented value will
only return 0.

Same situation here - the question is the problem. It is a question caused
by an old driver, one that is now deprecated.

https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Faq/Base/015
same problem as FAQ Base 13

Yes, again this is a question based on a specific driver release and a
driver that is now well past what is current.

So, overall I think the question is really;
Do we want to delete those questions as no longer being useful?

[...]

While looking at the FAQ due to all the translation work, I did delete some obsolete questions. If there is consensus, I can click the buttons to get rid of these particular items.

To answer a question in Robert's original mail, you can simply edit any FAQ article as you would a normal wiki page.

Ilmari

Howdy,

+1 for delete them.