You have misread the announcement, which could have been worded more
clearly. It says “The next major release *after* LibreOffice 6.4, which
will be launched on January 29,...”

Jean

On Mon, 27 Jan 2020 at 07:07 Dave Barton <daveb@libreoffice.org> wrote:

Hi Jean,

Yes I know what the release schedule says, but when Italo announces that
<Q>LibreOffice 6.4, which will be launched on January 29, will be
LibreOffice 7.0.</Q> I take that to mean that the TDF powers that be
have decided the LibreOffice version to be launched on January 29 2020,
will be LibreOffice 7.0.

If I have finally slipped into senility and lost my comprehension of the
English language, please feel free to correct me. :))

Dave