Version 7.0

We now have a published edition of the Math guide for 6.4 and it seems
we will soon have a 6.4 edition of the Getting Started guide. According
this announcement:
http://document-foundation-mail-archive.969070.n3.nabble.com/LibreOffice-7-0-tt4272252.html

"The next major release after LibreOffice 6.4, which will be launched on
January 29, will be LibreOffice 7.0."
Even though there does not appear to be any approved artwork for LO 7.0
yet, do we wish to rename the Math and Getting Started Guides from 6.4
to 7.0?

Dave

Dave,
LO version 7.0 isn’t due until September or October, so I think it’s a bit
premature to rename the existing and coming-soon guides.

I think it’s worth doing v6.4 editions of the Impress and Draw Guides,
because they are very out of date and many users will continue with v6 even
after v7 is released,

Jean

Hi Jean,

Yes I know what the release schedule says, but when Italo announces that
<Q>LibreOffice 6.4, which will be launched on January 29, will be
LibreOffice 7.0.</Q> I take that to mean that the TDF powers that be
have decided the LibreOffice version to be launched on January 29 2020,
will be LibreOffice 7.0.

If I have finally slipped into senility and lost my comprehension of the
English language, please feel free to correct me. :))

Dave

You have misread the announcement, which could have been worded more
clearly. It says “The next major release *after* LibreOffice 6.4, which
will be launched on January 29,...”

Jean

OK Jean! You got me. :slight_smile: To the rest of the team, I apologise for the
extraneous list noise.

Dave

PS. I am subscribed to he list, so PM is unnecessary.

LibreOffice 6.4 will be announced on January 29, LibreOffice 7.0 will be
announced in late July/early August (date will be decided soon).