Frustrated - Cannot restore missing pictures

I have tried to solve this problem including through ask@libreoffice.org but they ask for "tabs" and I'm 88 years old, not a tech, and was unable to get help.

My problem is my documents have text and pics which all show up just fine until I open the doc - then the pics disappear and the only thing in the "pic box" is one word "image" in the upper left hand corner.

Can someone please walk me through the process to correct this? I have about 20 docs and do not want to start all over again, even assuming it would not happen again.

Bob Connely
1-402-933-9822

Hi Rob

Those pics are not gone. But when a document have a lot of pics the memory might not be enough to show them. When you use the printprevies they often are shown again. Also when exported to PDF.
You can enlarge the memory as folows.
Go to Tools > LibreOffice > Advanced and click Expert configuration.
Search for org.openoffice.Office.Common
Look under Cache for GraphicManager
Dubbleclick GraficManager - TotalCacheSize
Change the value in 268435456 (256 MB)
The value for ObjectCacheSize can best be changed into 1048576 (1 MB)
The value for DrawingEngine can best be 350

Then the pics should be shown.

Cheers, Kees