Explanation of writer spacing and margins?

I haven't contributed anything at all yet.

But I just wondered if this information might be a useful starting point for someone to document what the page margins and spacing things meant? I couldn't find good information on it, and certainly no simple diagram, so it took a fair bit of work to get just this far.

Anyway, see if you think the attached doc is of any value.

Regards,

luke

Clearly, I don't understand how to provide a sample document for review or consideration. I hadn't realised attachments are stripped.

luke

Hi Luke,

I haven't contributed anything at all yet.

But I just wondered if this information might be a useful starting point for someone to document what the page margins and spacing things meant? I couldn't find good information on it, and certainly no simple diagram, so it took a fair bit of work to get just this far.

Anyway, see if you think the attached doc is of any value.

I have collected some information about margin, border, padding... in regard how they appear in file format. The document is attached to https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/office/201803/msg00020.html. The discussion is not finished in the ODF TC, because we have decided to first work on version ODF 1.3. Nevertheless it might help you to sort out all these areas on a page.

Kind regards
Regina

Thanks Regina, I'll look at it tomorrow.
How do I learn the right way to contribute a document myself?

Regards,

luke

Hello Luke

Here are some wiki pages to start with the documentation team

https://documentation.libreoffice.org/en/join-the-documentation-team/

https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Documentation

https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Documentation/DocumentationTeamInfo

And you can ask any question here or in the IRC

Regards

Olivier